How To Use Jiomeet: Indian Video Conferencing Application
In today’s world, work from home has become new normal to everyone, and keeping in touch with employers and colleagues is much needed in order to work smoothly and efficiently. India’s Reliance Jio has come up with the highly demanded video conference application called jiomeet. So, in this article let’s deep dive into what is jiomeet and how to use jiomeet.
What is Jiomeet?
Jiomeet is a New video-conferencing application. It can be used for video calls, scheduling meetings, sharing screens, etc. it is used to host meetings with more than 100 participants with host control.
Jiomeet is a free Indian application available in the Play Store and Apple App store and is supports on operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Android and macOS, etc.
Who launched the Jiomeet app?
A New Video conferencing app-Jiomeet app was recently launched in India by Reliance. During the pandemic where the country has banned applications that are not made in India, the Jiomeet app was launched in India in the month of July and it looks similar to the Zoom app and contains almost all features available in zoom app.
During this extended lockdown time where work from home is required and video conferencing apps are in high demand, Jio has launched the app at the right time. Organizations and Schools have started using this app to conduct meetings and online classes.
Jiomeet app downloads sky rocketed which is more than 100K Android users till now. The app has 4.8 ratings in the App store and 4.6 ratings in the Play store.
How to use Jiomeet?
To use Jiomeet app, one needs to create an account and it can be created on desktop or a mobile.
Search for Jiomeet app and Download it from App store or Play store and After Installing you will get an option to Sign up on the Homescreen.
Enter Your Name, EmailID or Phone number and agree to the terms and conditions, you will get an OTP on your registered number or email and enter the OTP in the next screen.
You can Sign up on the web by visiting https://jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on google chrome or Firefox.
How to Host or Join a Meeting in Jiomeet App (Desktop)
1. Launch the Jiomeet app.
2. Log in.
3. Click on the dropdown next to New Meeting and check both options.
4. Click on New Meeting to Start.
5. Invite Participants by clicking on Participants.
6. Click Invite> click on mentioned email services or you can copy the URL and share it via whatsapp or facebook messenger.
7. To Join a meeting, launch the app and no need to login. Click on Join a meeting and enter the MeetingID, enter your name , check the options and enter the password and then you are part of the meeting.
-You can also join a meeting on the web by following the same steps.
How to Host or Join a Meeting in Jiomeet on Web.
1. Visit the official jiomeet website from Google chrome or Firefox browser.
3. Click on Host a meeting.
4. Invite participants by following steps mentioned above for desktop apps.
How to Host or Join a Meeting in Jiomeet App (Smartphones)
1. Launch the app.
3. Tap on schedule, enter the meeting start time and its duration.
4. To Join a meeting-No need to be logged in to join the meeting.
5. Enter the meeting ID> enter the name> check options and enter the meeting password and you are good to go.
6. You can select the participants in advanced options and schedule a meeting.
7. You can manage meetings by clicking on Meetings> select the meeting to manage> select to add calendar, add invitees or delete it.
How to make a video call?
- Go to the Contacts page.
- Select the contact name.
- Click on meet to start the video call.
How to create a Group?
- Go to the Contacts page.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon and click on create group.
- Input the group name. Add the participants and then click on create Group.
- And lastly, only the admin of the group can add or remove the participants.
How to make a group video call?
- Using the Jiomeet Beta app, 100 participants can join the video call.
- Go to the ‘Contacts’ page.
- Select the group and click on meet to start the video call.
Features of Jiomeet app
1.The unique feature is Safe Driving mode. This feature is helpful when a person needs to attend a conference call while travelling.
2. There is a feature to Lock or Unlock meetings under settings. Once Meeting is Locked, participants cannot join the meeting.
3. Every Meeting Hosted is password-protected.
4. There is no time limit for scheduled meetings, Meetings can be active for more than 24 hours.
5. Jiomeet app can be used for hosting meetings and making video conferences at same time.
6. It supports for screen sharing.
7. You can join the meeting without sign up.
8. You can switch the devices and use upto 5 devices to join the meeting.
9. You can schedule a meeting and invite participants in advance.
10. Jiomeet also has a Waiting room option, without host permission one cannot join the meeting.
Is Jiomeet Safe?
There are no major security concerns reported related to the app. All meetings are password protected and encrypted which ensures the data privacy.
Pros of Jiomeet
1. Jiomeet has replaced the widely used Zoom app and contains advanced features such as “Safe Driving mode”.
2. It has a user friendly interface enhancing better experience.
3. Jiomeet app is a cross platform app and can be used on all major operating Systems
4. It Supports HD Audio and Video quality.
5. One can send meeting links through whatsapp, messenger etc.
Cons of Jiomeet
1. To join a meeting one has to enter a password, which is not really helpful. The host having the option to control the permissions will make it more secure.
2. There is no digital white board which is required for creating diagrams, shapes while conducting classes.
3. The Company Collects the user info such as Name, Age and Gender. One is not sure about his data privacy with Jiomeet app.
4. End to end encryption details are not available in the app.
Finally, thank you for reading the post and I hope you have got the overall information on how to use jiomeet and its pros & cons. Keep checking us for more tech reviews and updates.